If you have been considering this for your business,
there are a few things you should consider first.
Moving Your Small Business to California
In recent years, there have been many small businesses and cottage industries created nationwide due to public interest in unique, high-quality goods. Some of those business owners have found that moving to California was a good way to make their company more profitable. If you have been considering this for your business, there are a few things you should consider first.
1. If you own the merchandise inventory for your business, it is important to remember that will need to details for filing your tax paperwork in both states the next year. You can keep records of this in a file that you carry with you when you are moving to California. Unassembled parts should be packaged together. If your inventory consists of items made of small pieces, you should take the time to package the components. The moving crew won't know how to sort them the way you do and by keeping everything organized, it will make the entire process of moving to California much easier.
2. If your product consists of scented soaps or specially dyed clothing, store your herbal and chemical ingredients in leak-proof containers. Keep in mind when moving to California that moving companies will not transport certain types of chemicals . Check with your moving company for specification and guidance.
3. Although many people don't like to think of it, accidents do happen. That's why it is important to not send your most vital records with the moving van. If you are moving to California and your moving van is in an accident, you could lose this valuable information.
4. Computers, and more importantly the information on them, should receive special attention while moving to California. Your moving crew is perfectly capable of packing and loading your computers on a truck and moving them without damaging them. However, your valuable and private information stored on the computer should be backed up and packed with you.
5. Make proper arrangements so that your destination store or home office is ready for your business inventory and equipment as soon as they arrive. You wouldn't want to move to California with your business only to find out that you must put everything in storage.
Small businesses are not like major corporations and do not require the kind of major moving teams needed by larger businesses. If you decide to move to California with your small business, take care of the important details so that it is an easy transition for everyone.