Moving to a new house is an opportunity for a new look. If there’s things that need repairing, updating, or just a few nails in the wall, ask yourself if you’re up for doing a few DIY home improvement projects.
Having a good supply of tools in your toolbox can help you achieve many simple DIY home projects and repairs. Here is a list of some basic tools that many experts recommend every DIY enthusiast have. Once you become more advanced, make sure to invest in a drill; It’ll be your favorite power tool on the upcoming move.
1. Hammer – In addition to using a hammer to insert and remove nails, it can also be used to knock things down, or to knock things in place.
2. Screwdrivers – There are two types of screwdrivers: flathead and Philips. You will want to have different sizes of each.
3. Wrench – Use a wrench to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts. Having an adjustable wrench is best.
4. Utility Knife – For the use of a sharp knife, a utility knife is great and safe, it folds up into the handle.
5. Pliers – Pliers can be used for an assortment of things, especially when you need to grip an object and turn it.
6. Tape Measure – Having a good tape measure is a necessity.
7. Flashlight – You might find yourself working with little, or no light. Always have a flashlight and extra batteries.
8. Tape – Tape can be a savior, fill your toolbox with: duct tape, painter’s tape, electrical tape, and plumber’s tape.